My blog is about Africa. It is also about the Middle East and life in general, reflecting over 30 years of work and study in Africa and the Middle East – Come and join me!
- 270,142 695
Top Posts & Pages
- Ethnobotanical knowledge of indigenous fruits in Northern Namibia
- Agricultural Innovation: The United States in a Changing Global Reality
- Petit Boy-Boy (Kittie) Goes Big-Time on LOL Cats (Maybe…)
- DESCRIPTION BY AHMED IBN-FOZLAN OF THE INCREMATION OF A NORSE CHIEF, 10TH.C.
- Happy May Day – A Great Burundian Holiday
- . . . And Then the Rains Came: Coping in Kajaga Village
- Quiz on Identifying Ancient Egyptian Plants
- We launch our new series on the people shaping African cuisine with Chef Pierre Thiam
- Can You Identify These Plants from Ancient Egypt?
- Special Times at the Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika – Come Visit!!
Blogs I Follow
- Rashid's Blog
- Larry Hurtado's Blog
- Ancient Near East: Just the Facts
- Clio Ancient Art & Antiquities
- Dr Sustainable
- One Billion Hungry: Can We Feed the World?
- Writing Your Way
- Petrie's Sardines
- A Year in Provenance
- The Heritage Trust
- Leaving Fundamentalism
- Ancient Lives
- Allana Potash Blog
- NAVSA BAVS AVSA
- TED Blog
- KM on a dollar a day
- Food Governance
Some great posts:
- Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine | Ethnobotanical knowledge on indigenous fruits in Ohan... | @scoopit sco.lt/5iYYj3tweet to @dianabuja 14 hours ago
- Agricultural Innovation: The United States in a Changing Global Reality | @scoopit sco.lt/6EpKZltweet to @dianabuja 17 hours ago
- RT @3DPetrie: Please RT:Call for Volunteers to help with the new Petrie website. Thanks. Details: ucl.ac.uk/museums/petrie… …tweet to @dianabuja 1 day ago
- How I Rediscovered the Oldest Zero in History : The Crux | @scoopit sco.lt/6kEjs9tweet to @dianabuja 1 day ago
- What’s Behind Bee Die-Off? U.S. and Europe Disagree : The Crux | @scoopit sco.lt/8jdqfhtweet to @dianabuja 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
TagsAfrica Africa-General Agriculture Ancient Egypt AncientEgypt Arab Bujumbura Burundi Cairo Cassava Central Africa Congo David Livingstone East Africa Egypt food Goat History Humanitarian Assistance John Hanning Speke Kenya Lake Tanganyika livestock Livingstone Middle East Mungo Park Niger Nile North Africa Richard Francis Burton Royal Geographical Society Ruzizi River Rwanda Samuel Baker science South Africa Southern Africa Sudan Tanganyika Tanzania United States Upper Egypt West Africa Wildlife Zambezi
And then they said …
A few members of the tribe
Tag Archives: Umm Kulthoum
37 years ago, on the 3rd February, the great Egyptian diva and songwriter – Umm Kalthum – died, well into her 70s. Last night BBC Worldservice aired a brief program about her, which you can download here. This remarkable woman, … Continue reading