The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 42,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 16 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Attractions in 2013
These are the posts that got the most views in 2013. You can see all of the year’s most-viewed posts in your Site Stats.
- 1 حلبه (Hilba; Fenugreek) – A Wonderful Winter Drink and Herbal Medicine in Egypt 25 COMMENTS June 2011
- 2 Swahili city states: Pre-European ‘colonizers’ of East and Central Africa 22 COMMENTS June 2009
- 3 Inventing Ethnicity; Imagining Agriculture: The ‘Tribes’ of Ham and the ‘Primitive’ Crops of Africa 16 COMMENTS March 2012
- 4 City States in the Sahel: Pre-European Kingdoms of West Africa 5 COMMENTS January 2013
- 5 Teeth-filing as a Mark of Beauty and Belonging in 19th Century Africa 2 COMMENTS March 2012
Some of your most popular posts were written before 2013. Your writing has staying power! Consider writing about those topics again.
The busiest day of the year was February 18th with390 views. The most popular post that day was Sir Burton’s Recipe for Love, from 1001 Nights.